Get A Quote
Quotes can be requested by sending an email to email@example.com with details of the project (language combination, length of text/audio, deadline, etc.) You will typically receive a response within 1-2 working days. Alternatively, you can always add me on Skype (megan_currie) if you’d prefer to chat in real time about a project or assignment. Just remember to let me know in the contact request box who you are and why you’re adding me!
For urgent enquiries, please include the word ‘URGENT’ in the subject heading of your email. An urgent assignment could be any of the following:
- Any assignment required the following working day or over the weekend;
- A translation with a timescale of less than one working day per 2,500 words of text;
- A proofreading assignment with a timescale of less than one working day per 5,000 words of text;
- Transcription of an English-language audio or video file with a timescale of less than one working day per 120 minutes of content;
- Transcription of a foreign-language audio or video file with a timescale of less than one working day per 60 minutes of content.
Please note that the timescales outlined above apply to non-technical subject areas, and any highly specialised assignments could take longer to complete.
The typical process for providing a quote is as follows:
- Contact me using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The more information you can provide at this point, the faster I’ll be able to process your request; but if you don’t know much or if it’s a complicated project, just tell me what you can and we can open up a conversation about what you need.
- I will reply to your request within one or two working days. Depending on the information you have provided, I will either provide a quote at this point or ask for more details about the assignment. I may also request a sample of the file(s), either to verify audio quality or to ascertain the level of technicality.
- Once I have the required information, I will send a PDF of your quote in an email, containing information on the breakdown of the price, any discounts to be applied, and payment terms and conditions. I’ll ask for a written acceptance of the conditions.
- Your reply will complete our joint commitment to honour the conditions, and I’ll get to work straight away!